How to Succeed, Get Rid of the Bitterness! (Part II)
Hebrews 12:15, “See to it that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble.” One should learn that forgiveness is the best policy against anger towards someone else. When one forgives another, you ensure that the other person no longer has control over your feelings and emotions.
How to forgive and move on when someone has hurt you (releasing oneself from bitterness calls for):
- Choosing to forgive. “Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.” Eph. 4:32. By forgiving someone, you set yourself free to have an enjoyable life.
- Releasing the wrongdoer from all expectations. Reclaim your peace of mind, by changing one’s expectations. It should not matter if the individual changes or not, that is their business and not yours. “Christ has set us free to live a free life….Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.” Gal 5:1.
- Transferring to God all expectations for your needs. “God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Ph. 4:19. God will supply you with the resources, people, and opportunities needed to have a joyful life.
- Asking God to bless your offender. “Love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you.” Matthew 5:44. When you pray for your enemies, you are in the driver’s seat of your life.
- Doing something nice for your offender. Ask God what you can do to bless someone who has hurt you. “If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing so, you will….conquer evil by doing good.”
You defeat anger and bitterness by acting on and believing in God’s Word.
Donya Zimmerman is a business consultant, mediator, and legal professional with over ten years of experience. She is owner of Family & Community Mediation and Business Consulting (FACMBC) based in Baltimore, Maryland and has been in business since 2013. Services provided by FACMBC: Mediation and Conflict Resolution Services; Business Registration Assistance (Limited Liability Company, Corporation, S-Corp, Limited Liability Partnership, etc.); Business Plan Drafting Assistance; Business Certification Assistance (MBE, WOSB, 8A, 501(c) (3), Hub Zone, etc.); and Business Organization Assistance. She is also a contributing writer to the Maryland Daily Examiner Newspaper. Contact information: email@example.com; www.facebook.com/FACMBC; www.twitter.com/FACMBC; https://dzimmerman36.wordpress.com; http://www.linkedin.com/in/dzbusconsultantandmediator